Drury partners with Cox College to offer a Bachelor of Arts in Biology and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing that can be completed in four years. Students receiving the dual degree will have the benefit of excellent professional education coupled with a liberal arts foundation. The BA in Biology provides a strong foundation in the natural sciences and improved analytical and critical thinking skills. Completion of a liberal arts degree will provide nursing students with strong writing and speaking skills as well as an enhanced understanding and appreciation of diverse individuals and cultures. These skill enhancements are complemented by involvement with the Drury Health Service Corps which will provide pre-nursing students with volunteer opportunities with medically underserved individuals in Southwest Missouri. The Drury University curriculum and experiences, coupled with outstanding clinical education at Cox College, will develop students into high quality nursing professionals who will have the skills to gain employment and advance in their careers.
Students enrolled in this dual degree program will maintain all the privileges of a Drury student for the four years they are in the program. These benefits include:
- high quality professional and liberal arts education.
- access to Drury financial aid and scholarships.
- advising and mentoring from both Drury and Cox College faculty.
- participation in Drury Health Service Corps.
- participation in Drury activities, and utilization of Drury facilities and services throughout their tenure at Drury and Cox College.
- opportunities for membership in Drury’s Health Science honor society and other honor societies (e.g. Tri-Beta, Phi Kappa Phi, Alpha Epsilon Delta) that could provide additional opportunities for post-graduate scholarships.