Commencement: Friday, December 16, 2016 Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: O’Reilly Family Center on Drury Campus
Cap and Gown Pickup:
Thursday, December 1st, there will be a Graduation Fair from 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Fountain Plaza Room, at the front of the college. This is the time and place to pick up your caps and gowns as well as any other items you have ordered from Herff-Jones. Be sure your gown has been pressed the day of graduation. This is a formal event. Please dress professionally. *Make sure you order your cap and gown before October 28th. (link in future email)
Watch your email:
You will receive an additional email the first week of October. This information covers the most frequently asked graduation questions. Save it for reference.
Watch your email/mail:
You will receive a letter from Todd Rutledge and the SGA. This letter will have information about the Graduation Brunch. You will receive your program pin at the brunch. If you qualify for honors, your honor cord will be presented at the brunch. If you are not able to attend the brunch, your program pin and honor cord can be picked up at commencement upon check-in. Direct all brunch questions to Todd Rutledge.
You can find your cumulative GPA on your transcript via student portal. Program honors are based on the last term completed (spring of 2016). Official honors listed on your final transcript are based on grades earned during your final term.
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.90 to 4.0
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.75 to 3.899
- Cum Laude: 3.50 to 3.749
- With Honors: 4.0 in a certificate program
- Master students do not receive honors
Close to graduation day, you will be contacted via email by the Registrar’s Office. The Assistant Registrar (Elise Hege) will ask you to complete an online graduation survey. In addition, students who received federal student loan funds while attending Cox College must complete Exit Counseling. The Financial Aid Office (Vicki Jacobson) will be mailing respective students a letter with instructions for completing the counseling along with information on the amount owed and contact information for loan servicer(s). All students must complete the graduation survey. Those students who received Federal Student Loans must complete the graduation survey and exit counseling. Compliance ensures your ability to pick up your cap and gown and receive your diploma at graduation. (If you have any questions, please contact either office.)
Make plans to attend the Graduation Fair on December 1st in the Fountain Plaza Room between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Pick up caps and gowns.
- Meet with Financial Aid regarding loan repayment options.
- Complete on-line graduation survey (if not already completed).
- Ask last minute questions.
- We will use the full name we have on file for you. (If you have changed your name, please see the front desk to ensure your information is updated.)
- We will also use the address on file for mailing official transcripts following graduation. Also, if you are moving after graduation, please give the alternative address (i.e. family member, friend) to the front desk.
- All financial obligations to the College must be fulfilled in order to receive recommendations, degrees, honors, certificates or transcripts.
- Nursing students: If you have not completed the HESI requirements at the time of graduation, your transcript will not go to the Board of Nursing with the others, thus you will have a delay in receiving testing information.
Listed are the go-to names and numbers for graduation questions.
- Board Applications: Janet Jaeck. 269-3812 or SupportSpecialist@coxcollege.edu
- Official Transcripts to Board: Elise Hege. 269-8374 or Registrar@coxcollege.edu
- Graduation Fair: Elise Hege (as above) or Connie Cross. 269-3856 or Registrar@coxcollege.edu
- Graduation Brunch: Todd Rutledge. 269-3873 or Todd.Rutledge@coxcollege.edu
- Graduation Ceremony: Elise Hege or Connie Cross
- Caps/Gowns: Tena Harman, Sales Representative, Herff-Jones. Email her at email@example.com
- Past Due Accounts: Patti Brammer, Bursar. 269-3440 or Bursar@coxcollege.edu
- Financial Aid: Vicki Jacobson, Financial Aid Counselor. 269-3458 or FinancialAid@coxcollege.edu