The BSDI Interprofessional Leadership (IPL) specialty is designed for students with a background in Diagnostic Imaging seeking healthcare leadership training. Admission to this track requires primary ARRT or ARDMS credentials. Much of the core curriculum and general education requirements closely resemble the requirements of the other BSDI specialty tracks.
The BSDI-IPL track requires 128 total credits. Students already primary credentialed in radiography or sonography complete only 12 general education credits, 21 BSDI core curriculum credits, and 31 IPL specialty credits.
The BSDI-IPL specialty track provides interprofessional leadership skills to students from a diagnostic imaging background. Students earning the BSDI-IPL degree should leave this program with a working knowledge of the many facets of healthcare delivery systems, interdepartmental relationships, and the special management skills necessary to lead these diverse organizations.
To this end, the curriculum for the BSDI-IPL specialty includes a collection of courses and educators from several healthcare professions, including: billing and coding, radiography, specialty diagnostic imaging, medical assisting, nursing, nursing education, and nurse management.
To be eligible for admission into the BSDI Interprofessional Leadership, a candidate must meet the following conditions:
- Complete the admissions procedure for Cox College.
- Complete and submit program specific BSDI application.
- IPL specialty students may enter the program in any semester. Applications due April 30 or November 15.
- Application to the BSDI requires submission of all college transcripts and a current ARRT/ARDMS card.
- Successful completion of Associate of Science in Radiography (ASR) or related field (contact college for details).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
- ARRT primary registry complete prior to entry into the BSDI program.