The curriculum consists of online didatic courses and intensive clinical training in echocardiography.
Application and Admissions
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited DMS program and be registered (or registry-eligible) by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Persons accepted into the program who are not yet registered must take the registry at the first available testing.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College DMS Echo Extension Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the general Cox College application and select the Diagnostic Imaging Program application
- Download and submit the Diagnostic Imaging Specialty application
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. For tuition pricing and scholarship information, please contact the Bursar’s office.