The curriculum consists of online didatic courses and intensive clinical training in echocardiography.
Application and Admissions
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited DMS program and be registered (or registry-eligible) by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Persons accepted into the program who are not yet registered must take the registry at the first available testing.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
To apply to the Cox College Echocardiography Extension Program, the applicant should:
- Complete the Cox College undergraduate application and check “Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging”
- Download and submit the Specialty Diagnostic Imaging program application
- Download and submit the Clinical Affiliate Request form if requesting a clinical site outside of the CoxHealth system
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. Current tuition and fees informaiton is available here. For additional tuition pricing and scholarship information, please contact the Bursar’s office.