Interventional radiography is a highly specialized branch of radiology. An interventional radiographer works side-by-side with radiologists and cardiologists to perform minimally invasive procedures on the heart, vascular system and almost every organ system in the human body. These procedures include both routine angiographic imaging studies and cutting-edge therapeutic interventions.
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! The Cox College Interventional Radiography Program is completed online over 12 months in just 3 semesters. Students have the option of using pre-arranged clinical sites in Springfield, Missouri, or arranging their own clinical affiliations at almost any diagnostic imaging facility in the country. Students are prepared for 2 ARRT registries: Vascular-Interventional Radiography (VI) and Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI). All courses in the IR program can be transferred to the Cox College Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging degree program.
Application and Admissions
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College Interventional Radiography Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the general Cox College application and select the Diagnostic Imaging Program application
- Download and submit the Diagnostic Imaging Specialty application
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
- $2,971 tuition for the 12-month program*
- Students purchase required text and/or review books.
*Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. Pricing for all specialty imaging tracts will move from the current programmatic fee to a per credit hour fee. For tuition pricing and scholarship information for please contact the Bursars office.