Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) provides incredible images of the human body using magnetic fields and radio waves. An MRI technologist is an expert in high-definition brain and spinal imaging. MRI is also the exam of choice for complete stroke evaluation, muscle and joint imaging, many kinds of cancer, and is quickly becoming a valuable tool in women’s health and breast imaging.
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! The Cox College MRI Program is completed online in 9 months over just two semesters. Students have the option of using pre-arranged clinical sites in Springfield, Missouri, or arranging their own clinical affiliations at almost any diagnostic imaging facility in the country. Students are prepared for the ARRT registry in MRI. All courses in the MRI program can be transferred to the Cox College Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging degree program.
MRI students opting to complete clinical rotations in Springfield will benefit from several available clinical sites and a variety of scanners. Our current clinical affiliates in Springfield provide training on the GE 3.0T Excite HD, GE 1.5T Excite HD, GE 1.5 T 450 Discovery, GE 1.5T, GE Open Speed .7T, and Siemens 1.5T Avanto.
Application and Admissions
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College MRI Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the Cox College undergraduate application and check “Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging”
- Download and submit the Specialty Diagnostic Imaging program application
- Download and submit the Clinical Affiliate Request form if requesting a clinical site outside of the CoxHealth system
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
- Be a registered radiologic technologist or registry-eligible with successful completion of the ARRT radiologic technology registry prior to the program start date or unrestricted license.
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. Current tuition and fees informaiton is available here. For additional tuition pricing and scholarship information, please contact the Bursar’s office.