Mammography is an essential tool in diagnostic imaging for women. Mammographers use sophisticated x-ray equipment to image breast tissue. These experts in breast imaging work closely with their patients and physicians to perform both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! The Cox College Mammography program is completed online in 6 months. The curriculum consists of formal didactic courses and intensive clinical training. Clinical training focuses on screenings, diagnostics and invasive mammographic procedures. Students have the option of using pre-arranged clinical sites in Springfield, Missouri, or arranging their own clinical affiliations at almost any diagnostic imaging facility in the country. Students are prepared for the ARRT registry in Mammography. All courses in the Mammography program can be transferred to the Cox College Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging degree program.
Application and Admissions
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College Mammography Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the general Cox College application and select the Diagnostic Imaging Program application
- Download and submit the Diagnostic Imaging Specialty application
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in a imaging program or related degree.
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. For tuition pricing and scholarship information, for please contact the Bursar’s office.