Mammography is an essential tool in diagnostic imaging for women. Mammographers use sophisticated x-ray equipment to image breast tissue. These experts in breast imaging work closely with their patients and physicians to perform both diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! The Cox College Mammography program is completed online in 6 months. The curriculum consists of formal didactic courses and intensive clinical training. Students are prepared for the ARRT registry in Mammography. All courses in the Mammography program can be transferred to the Cox College Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging degree program. All students entering the Mammography program receive 64 transfer credits toward the BSDI and 25 credit hours for completing the program. After passing the ARRT registry examination in mammography, a total of 96 credit hours are applied to the BSDI degree program.
The program is designed to meet the specific needs of all prospective students, including practicing technologists.
- All mammography courses may be applied towards ARRT continuing education requirements (48 C.E.’s per 3 credit hour course)
- The program fulfills ARRT “structured education” requirements
- Unregistered technologists practicing in mammography may opt out of the clinical components of the program and complete didactic-only courses in preparation for the mammography registry
- An extensive mammography registry review course is available in the program
Students have availability of pre-arranged clinical sites in Missouri, or you may contact the program adviser (email@example.com) with questions regarding alternative clinical sites outside of Missouri. Clinical training focuses on screenings, diagnostics and invasive mammographic procedures.
Application and Admissions
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College Mammography Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the Cox College undergraduate application and check “Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging”
- Download and submit the Specialty Diagnostic Imaging program application
- Download and submit the Clinical Affiliate Request form if requesting a clinical site outside of the CoxHealth system
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
- Be a registered radiologic technologist or registry-eligible with successful completion of the ARRT radiologic technology registry prior to the program start date or unrestricted license.
- Refer to the program application for additional documents required
Tuition and Fees
Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. Current tuition and fees information is available here. For additional tuition pricing and scholarship information, please contact the Bursar’s office.