To apply for this program Click Here.
Description and Target Audience: The RN Re-Entry program is for registered nurses who have not recently practiced in an acute health care setting. The course will be overseen by a Cox College faculty member and the clinical practice is provided under the direction of registered nurse preceptors in acute care settings by student arrangement.
At completion, students will be able to:
- Utilize the Nursing Process as a critical thinking methodology to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Identify key nursing assessment findings related to various health/disease states.
- Apply the principles of safe medication administration.
- Discuss communication, caring and cultural awareness as they relate to the helping relationship of the health care provider.
- Interpret legal, ethical and professional responsibilities of nursing practice in today’s complex health care environment.
- Identify the principles of the teaching/learning process related to patient & family education.
- Apply knowledge of bio-psychosocial sciences and research to the areas of nursing practice.
- Three days of campus residencies, skills checks and high-fidelity simulations. The first two days will be held during week 3 or 4 of the program and the third day towards the end of the didactic portion of the program.
- 10 weeks of online didactic work and 130 hours of clinical practicum hours. The skills and simulation days will count as 30 hours of the clinical time.
Participants must maintain:
- current RN licensure
- current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification
- current immunizations: Tdap, Varicella, Hepatitis B, MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella), Seasonal Influenza, and TB skin test
- negative drug screen and background check
- malpractice insurance
- computer skills – working knowledge of Word and Excel
1st class: 2/28/16 through 6/18/16
2nd class: 7/24/16 through 11/12/16 (Cancelled)
Next class TBD – dependent on enrollment
A non-refundable $50 application fee is due with completed application. $2,000 covers tuition and acceptance fee (including drug screen and background check). Books and supplies additional.
Application and payment arrangements must be made by the program deadline. Cash, check or major credit cards are acceptable methods of payment.
For more information about the program, please call 417-269-5062.