[tab_item title=”Conference Information”]
NEED HELP PASSING THE RCIS EXAM?
RCIS Invasive Registry Review
Friday, November 7th , 2014
Saturday, November 8th
Presented by Joe Glowacki, RN, MSN, APNP, RCIS
Susie Sommers, RN, RCIS
This is a 2-day course targeted and designed to prepare cath lab staff to sit for the RCIS exam.
The RCIS Review Course is offered for 15.0 contact hours for RN/LPN and 17.0 Category A credits for RTR’s, CVT’s and those with the RCIS credential. No partial credits will be given.
WHERE:COX MEDICAL CENTER SOUTH /FOSTER AUDITORIUM
3801 S. National Ave.
Registration Fee: $85.00 for non-CoxHealth employees. Friday snacks. Saturday continental breakfast and lunch provided.
Questions: Contact Chris Schulze at 417-269-6468 or Chris.Schulze@coxhealth.com
Friday, November 7th Registration 1:30pm-2:00pm Class 2:00pm-9:00pm
• Hemodynamic Overview
• Pericardial Diseases
• Clotting Cascade
• Pharmacology review of the most common medications used in the cath lab
• Understanding shunts: VSD, ASD, PDA
• Oxygen saturations and their significance
• Swan-ganz catheter, transducers, cardiac output
• Normal and abnormal right heart pressures and waveforms, cardiovascular pathophysiology
Saturday, Novemver 8th 8:00am-4:00pm
• Blood Gas Interpretation
• Interventional techniques and equipment
• Radiographic equipment, X-ray safety
• Patient Care and Assessment
• Contrast types and differences, contrast reactions and complications
• Hemodynamic data and calculations: Fick CO, valve area, shunt calculations, SVR, PVR, regurgitant fraction, ejection fraction
• 12 Lead EKG
[tab_item title=”Registration”] Click here for registration form [/tab_item]