Dear Prospective Graduate Student/Intern,
Thank you for your interest in the Cox College Nutrition Diagnostics Dietetic Internship Program! The Dietetic Internship originated in 2006 utilizing an advanced practice approach to nutrition diagnostics. The program includes coursework and supervised practice experiences to meet the demands of future practice roles for RDNs in the ever-changing healthcare environment. Our program’s unique concentration in nutrition diagnostics provides future RDs with additional practice skills necessary to meet the emerging trends and priorities within the dietetics profession.
Program strengths include:
- Advanced practice in nutrition diagnostics by providing both didactic and supervised practice components: the program results in 12 hours toward a master’s degree in nutrition diagnostics and completion of all ACEND requirements for supervised practice to be eligible to take the RD exam
- Unique concentration in nutrition diagnostics – ability to diagnose and treat problems that are specific to nutrition
- Foundational skills required to diagnose protein calorie malnutrition, including the global nutrition focused physical exam
- The 10.5 month program includes master’s courses as well as supervised practice rotations in clinical, community, and foodservice nutrition
- The advanced skills in diagnosing micronutrient deficiencies, including the nutrition focused physical exam is introduced in the second semester
I invite you to thoroughly investigate our site and let me know how I can further assist you in learning about our program. If you have additional questions after viewing the web site, please contact me at 417-269-3040 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristen Williams, EdD, RD, LD