Learn more about Healthcare Leadership.
The Healthcare Leadership specialty is designed for students with a background in Diagnostic Imaging seeking healthcare leadership training. Admission to this track requires primary ARRT or ARDMS credentials. Much of the core curriculum and general education requirements closely resemble the requirements of the other BSDI specialty tracks.
The Healthcare Leadership specialty track provides interprofessional leadership skills to students from a diagnostic imaging background. Students earning the Healthcare Leadership degree should leave this program with a working knowledge of the many facets of healthcare delivery systems, interdepartmental relationships, and the special management skills necessary to lead these diverse organizations.
To this end, the curriculum for the Healthcare Leadership specialty includes a collection of courses and educators from several healthcare professions, including: radiography, specialty diagnostic imaging, medical assisting, nursing, nursing education, and nurse management.
To be eligible for admission into the Healthcare Leadership specialty, a candidate must meet the following conditions:
- Complete the admissions procedure for Cox College.
- Submit the Specialty Diagnostic Imaging program application.
- Healthcare Leadership specialty students may enter the program in any semester. Applications due April 1st or November 15.
- Application to the BSDI requires submission of all college transcripts and a current ARRT/ARDMS card.
- Successful completion of Associate of Science in Radiography (ASR) or related field (contact college for details).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
- ARRT primary registry complete prior to entry into the BSDI program.