This renewal information is for BLS or Heartsaver Instructors. You must be affiliated with the CoxHealth Training Center to renew your instructorship. If you have questions please contact our office, 417-269-4117.
How to Renew Your Instructorship
At the beginning of each month, each instructor that is due to renew will be emailed a checklist outlining what is needed to renew. The instructor will complete each task on the renewal checklist. Once all items listed on the checklist have been turned in and and the membership fee has been paid (non-Cox employees only), instructors will receive their new BLS or Heartsaver Instructor card via mail.
Items REQUIRED for Renewal
To renew your instructorship, you must complete the following items:
- Complete the AHA Instructor Renewal Form (this will be sent during your renewal month)
- Complete course monitoring (completed before the renewal month)
- Teach four courses in two years
- Read and review training center policies and sign off on the form (will be sent during your renewal month)
- Complete BLS or Heartsaver Provider skills checklists (you will be required to perform your skills for a fellow BLS/HS instructor or make an appointment at the training center)
- Complete BLS Provider exam and sign (this exam will be proctored by a fellow BLS instructor or by an instructor at the training center when skills are checked off)
- Pay a $100 Training Center membership fee (call our office to pay or mail a check – this still covers costs of course monitoring, correspondence, card processing)
- Prove attendance of any any required updates (this will be only during years that guidelines change)
Description and Target Audience
This course is a renewal for current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS and Heartsaver Instructors. This course is for current members of the CoxHealth Training Center. Instructors must be in current standing to renew.
Testing for this course includes a written exam (25 questions) which must be passed with an 84% or higher. One-on-one skills testing is required.
This is an online course and is approximately one and a half to two hours long.
This certification is valid for two years.
The fee for this course is $100.00.
What This Course Includes
This course includes:
- Online course materials
- $100.00 Training Center Membership Fee
- Certification card
This fee covers instructor support for two years and required course monitoring visits.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials; do not represent income to the Association.