Description and Target Audience
This American Heart Association (AHA) course is designed to prepare an instructor to teach students lay public level, Basic Life Support (BLS) and Basic First Aid techniques recommended by the AHA. This course will transition those certified in Heartsaver First Aid with CPR/AED to a Heartsaver Instructor. Instructor candidates do not have to be a medical professional to become a Heartsaver instructor.
Steps to Becoming a Heartsaver Instructor After Registration is Complete
- Be sure you have a current AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED card.
- You will attend the live Heartsaver Instructor course of your choice.
- You will make an appointment to be monitored at your first course within 90 days after the Heartsaver Instructor course. Arrangements will be made at the live course. Please do not schedule courses until after you have attended your live instructor course.
- Complete the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course (this will be mailed to the instructor candidate 3 weeks prior to the course along with the AHA Policy Manual).
- All must be completed before entry into the course.
- Copy of your current AHA “Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED Card” (front & back)
- Letter of recommendation (from supervisor, another instructor, or someone who has knowledge of your teaching ability)
- Please contact the Education Center prior to registration to affiliate with the CoxHealth Training Center. You must be pre-approved.
- Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course must be completed and certificate of completion must be presented at the live instructor course.
This course’s testing includes an AHA Heartsaver Essentials course exam and one-on-one Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED skills testing.
This course is comprised of a seven hour live class program and course monitoring at your first course.
This certification is valid for two years.
The fee for this course is $350.00.
What This Course Includes
This course includes:
- Heartsaver Instructor Manual (mailed to you prior to class)
- AHA Program Administration Manual (mailed to you prior to class)
- Certification card (receive after course monitoring)
- Initial course monitoring
Your course fee also includes a $100.00 Training Center Membership fee. This fee covers instructor support for 2 years and required course monitoring visit.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials; do not represent income to the Association.