Description and Target Audience
The AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course is for OB nurses with at least 6 months experience. This two-day workshop is designed to promote integration of knowledge and skills essential to assessment, promotion and evaluation of fetal well-being during labor.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Analyze fetal heart rate patterns, uterine activity and their implications for fetal well-being.
- Discuss indicated clinical interventions and related maternal-fetal physiology.
- Effectively communicate verbal and written data about patient status.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of health care providers in the use of fetal heart rate monitoring in intrapartum care.
- Demonstrate the psychomotor skills used in fetal heart monitoring.
Written exam. One-on-one skills testing required.
Certification includes Student Manual and certification card.
- General Public & Physicians – $320.00
- Student rate – $275.00
- CoxHealth Employees -$130.00
Continuing education will be awarded by AWHONN for 18.0 contact hours. Participants can print certificates 3 weeks after completion.
Accreditation approval only refers to this educational activity and does not imply endorsement of any commercial products by CoxHealth or any proprietary entity producing health care goods or services.
Participants will receive statements of credit at the end of the program when all requirements for credit have been met. Satisfactory completion of objectives will occur through course attendance. Therefore contact hours will be given only for hours the participant attends. In order to receive a statement of credit, all participants must sign-in at the registration desk, turn in a completed evaluation form at the end of the program, pass a written test, and demonstrate the skills necessary to complete this course.
Information presented during this activity represents the views and opinions of the presenters and does not necessarily constitute the opinion, endorsement of, or promotion by CoxHealth.