Learn more about the Nurse Assistant Program at Cox College.
To apply for this program, click the link below.
This course is for those looking to gain the education needed to take the Certified Nursing Assistant test and work as a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) or a PCA (Patient Care Assistant).
This 6 week program consists of two days per week in lecture and two days per week in clinical practice.
Lecture is held on the Cox College campus four days the first week, and Mon-Tues of the following weeks from 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Clinicals are held within CoxHealth or an approved clinical site two 10 hour days per week from 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The program prepares you to take the Certified Nursing Assistant test and work as a CNA or PCA.
A non-refundable $50 application fee is due with completed application. The total cost is $1,600 which includes program tuition and acceptance fee, certification exam, drug screen and background check. Books and supplies are additional.
Nurse Assistant Application Process
- Review webpage for detailed information.
- Complete the application and all accompanying paperwork including immunization history with proof of immunizations and or titers attached.
- Bring completed application and $50.00 application fee to the Education Center at Cox College. The entrance is on the west side of Cox North (Robberson Ave.), enter the Northwest Entrance (north of the Emergency Entrance) through the glass revolving door. Turn right and take elevator to the Education Center on the 4th floor.
- If interested in tuition assistance for the CNA Program please contact the CoxHealth Talent Acquisition office at 417-269-5627 or HR-TalentAcquisition@coxhealth.com
- ED Center staff will review application and contact applicant with acceptance status.
- If accepted, in order to secure a seat in the class full tuition must be paid 2 weeks prior to start of class. Cash, check or major credit cards are acceptable methods of payment.
Students may challenge the Certified Nurse Assistant exam and gain certification as a Nurse Assistant. If you are looking to transfer your certification from another state or have experience in patient care, you may qualify to challenge the exam. If you wish to see if you qualify to challenge the exam, please follow these steps:
- Contact the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), 573/751-6400 to gain approval to challenge the exam.
- Once you’ve received your letter from the DHSS, complete the CNA Program Application including Proof of Immunization.
- Bring the original letter from the DHSS, the completed application including proof of immunization (if not an employee of Cox Health, proof of current TB test within 30 days is required) along with the fee of $150 to the Education Center of Cox College at Cox North (northwest side, north of the Emergency Department entrance on Robberson Street).
- Staff will review the application and if approved, coordinate a test date.
Cox College Education Center