Welcome to the exciting and evolving world of diagnostic imaging! Using the latest advances in medical imaging technology, diagnostic imaging professionals help diagnose all kinds of diseases and traumatic injuries by acquiring high definition images of inside the human body. If you’re interested in a patient-based profession that uses advanced imaging equipment, diagnostic imaging might be the field for you.
Cox College offers six diagnostic imaging specialties, one professional specialty, and four academic tracks to accommodate students with any level of education in the profession. Cox College offers complete specialty imaging training and/or registry review courses in the following modalities:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS)
- Interventional Radiography (IR)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
A non-imaging specialty is also available – Interprofessional Leadership. All available specialties can be completed as part of the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging degree program. This program is the first of its kind in Missouri and one of only a few in surrounding states. The Cox College BSDI includes four academic tracks to accommodate students of varying levels of education:
- BSDI Entry-level track for students with minimal college education
- BSDI Specialty track for any ASR graduate or Registered Technologist
- BSDI Completion track for technologists already registered in Radiography and a specialty modality
- Credentialing Pathways for students seeking a specialty imaging credential
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! With the exception of DMS, Cox College offers these specialty programs and BSDI courses completely online. Specialty imaging students have the option of using pre-arranged clinical sites in Springfield, Missouri, or arranging their own clinical affiliations at almost any diagnostic imaging facility in the country. All specialty imaging programs prepare the student for successful completion of one or more ARRT and ARDMS national registry examinations.
Application and Admissions
To be eligible for admission into the BSDI or non-degree registry credential tracks, a candidate must meet the following conditions:
- Complete the admissions procedure for Cox College.
- Complete and submit program specific BSDI application.
- Students must select an area of specialization – CT, DMS, DMS-Echo, IR, MRI, Mammography, or Interprofessional Leadership. BSDI completion students do not choose an area of specialization.
- All specialty imaging courses begin in the fall semester for both BSDI and non-degree students. Applications are due April 30.
- BSDI Completion Track students and IPL specialty students may enter the program in any semester. Applications due April 30 or November 15.
- Application to the BSDI for specialty imaging students requires a personal essay, two personal references, all college transcripts, and a current ARRT card.
- Successful completion of Associate of Science in Radiography (ASR) or related field (contact college for details).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in ASR program or related degree.
- ARRT primary registry complete prior to entry into the BSDI program.
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Ave. Springfield, MO 65802