You must call our office and speak to a BLS Training Center Faculty BEFORE registering for this course. You must be pre-approved to enroll. You will not be allowed to attend the program if you do not do so. Thank you! Call, 269-4158, Amber Clark.
Registration Dates – Please click on desired date below and follow the registration steps:
January 18, 2017
April 10, 2017
July 11, 2017
November 16, 2017
*All dates are 8:00am-3:00pm
Description and Target Audience: This American Heart Association (AHA) course is designed to prepare an instructor to teach students lay public level, Basic Life Support (BLS) and Basic First Aid techniques recommended by the AHA. This course will transition those certified in Heartsaver First Aid with CPR/AED to a Heartsaver Instructor. Instructor candidates do not have to be a medical professional to become a Heartsaver instructor.
Steps to becoming a Heartsaver Instructor after registration is complete:
1) Be sure you have a current AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED card.
2) You will attend the live Heartsaver Instructor course of your choice.
3) You will make an appointment to be monitored at your first course within 90 days after the Heartsaver Instructor course. Arrangements will be made at the live course. Please do not schedule courses until after you have attended your live instructor course.
4) Complete the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course (this will be mailed to the instructor candidate 3 weeks prior to the course along with the AHA Policy Manual).
Pre-requisites – All 3 must be completed before entry into the course
1) Copy of your current AHA “Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED Card” (front & back)
2) Letter of recommendation (from supervisor, another instructor, or someone who has knowledge of your teaching ability)
3) Please contact the Education Center prior to registration to affiliate with the CoxHealth Training Center. You must be pre-approved.
4) Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Course must be completed and certificate of completion must be presented at the live instructor course.
Testing: AHA Heartsaver Essentials course exam and one-on-one Heartsaver First Aid with CPR & AED skills testing required.
Course Length: 7.0 hour live class program and course monitoring at your first course.
Certification Length: 2 years
Includes: Heartsaver Instructor Manual (mailed to you prior to class), AHA Program Administration Manual (mailed to you prior to class), certification card (receive after course monitoring) and initial course monitoring. Fee also includes a $100.00 Training Center Membership fee. This fee covers instructor support for 2 years and required course monitoring visit.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials; do not represent income to the Association.