CoxHealth Training Center News
Click here for guidelines from the AHA and the CoxHealth TC on COVID-19 Precautions.
2020 Guideline Rollout: October 21, 2020
The AHA has announced that the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC will be released on October 21, 2020.
- New guidelines will be coming for ALL disciplines at once. Unlike previous rollouts where the discipline release and implementations were staggered, the information for BLS, Heartsaver, ACLS, PALS and PEARS will all be released at once.
- Instructors have until February 1, 2021 to begin teaching the 2020 Guidelines.
- Interim Training Materials will be available to Instructors via the Instructor Network. The purpose of these is to indicate the new science that is to be incorporated into courses immediately until Instructors start teaching with the new course materials.
- Please plan to budget accordingly; new materials—including provider manuals, instructors manuals, and videos—will need to be purchased and utilized by the February 1, 2021 deadline. At this time, no indications have been made in regard to equipment changes.
- The AHA has let Instructors know about the following educational resources related to the rollout:
- 2020 AHA Guidelines Instructor Update eLearning Courses will be available starting October 21. These will be complimentary and are a required element to continue teaching. Separate Update courses will be available for BLS, ACLS, PALS, PEARS, and Heartsaver; Instructors will need to complete an Update Course for each of the discipline they are responsible for teaching (e.g., BLS Instructors will be required to complete both the BLS and HeartSaver Instructor Update eLearning Courses).
- Product & Course Orientations for BLS, ACLS, and PALS will be available to familiarize instructors to the new courses and materials. These will also be complimentary.
- All Instructors are invited to the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC: The Virtual Experience online event on October 21, 2020. This event was announced September 20, 2020. To register for the free event, go to https://cpr.heart.org/en/resuscitation-science/the-guidelines-virtual-experience and enter your information. A link to join the event will be sent to registrants during the week of October 19th.
Video Guide: Update your Email Address/Phone Number on the Instructor Network
AHA Instructor Network
Your connection to the latest tools and information you need as an AHA Instructor.
Life Support Courses
Click to view the AHA Life Support and Cardiac Specialty courses offered by the CoxHealth Education Center.