A Letter from the Director
Dear Prospective Graduate Student/Intern,
Thank you for your interest in the Cox College combined Master of Science in Nutrition Diagnostics and Dietetic Internship Program! The Dietetic Internship originated in 2006 utilizing an advanced practice approach to nutrition diagnostics. The addition of the master’s program adds the coursework and advanced supervised practice work to meet the demands of future practice roles for RDNs in the ever-changing healthcare environment. Our program’s unique concentration in nutrition diagnostics provides future RDs with additional practice skills necessary to meet the emerging trends and priorities within the dietetics profession.
Program strengths include:
- Advanced practice in nutrition diagnostics by providing both the didactic and supervised practice components: the 22 month program results in a master’s degree and completion of all ACEND requirements for supervised practice to be eligible to take the RD exam
- Unique concentration in nutrition diagnostics – ability to diagnose and treat problems that are specific to nutrition
- Foundational skills required to diagnose protein calorie malnutrition, including the global nutrition focused physical exam
- Year 1 – master’s courses as well as supervised practice rotations in clinical, community, and foodservice nutrition
- Year 2 – includes master’s courses as well as advanced clinical supervised practice
- Advanced skills in diagnosing micronutrient deficiencies, including the nutrition focused physical exam
I invite you to thoroughly investigate our site and let me know how I can further assist you in learning about our program. If you have additional questions after viewing the web site, please contact me at 417-269-3040 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristen Williams, EdD, RD, LD