We have a long history of excellence.
The Cox College specialty imaging programs have been in existence for over 40 years. The program started with training programs in CT, Interventional Radiography (IR), and Sonography, but has since grown to include MRI, Echocardiography, and Health Care Leadership. Our institution has graduated hundreds of specialty imaging professionals with exceptional outcomes. Year after year the first-attempt licensure examination pass-rate for our students is at or near 100%.
The Cox College Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree is designed for students seeking a career in medical imaging. This degree offering is the first of its kind in Missouri and one of only a few in the surrounding states. With the exception of Diagnostic Medical Sonography, all didactic courses can be completed online!
- BSDI entry-level track – This track is for students seeking the Cox College BSDI with minimal college-level education. Students pursuing the BSDI through this track will first acquire the ARRT credential in Radiography through Cox College ASR program before advancing through the remainder of the BSDI curriculum. Having completed the ASR program, students must apply to the BSDI program and select an area of specialization – CT, DMS, IR, or MRI. The complete degree requires 120 credit hours.
- BSDI specialty track – This track is tailored to meet the needs of students already registered in Radiography or another primary imaging modality (such as Sonography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, or Radiation Therapy) or students seeking a primary certification already holding a minimum of an associate’s degree. A background in health sciences is recommended. Students must apply to the BSDI program and select an area of specialization – CTI, DMS, DMS-Echo, IRI, MRI, or Health Care Leadership. Students in this track must complete a minimum of 64 credits hours to satisfy the degree requirements.
- BSDI completion track – This track is for technologists already registered in Radiography (or another primary imaging modality) and a specialty (secondary) imaging modality. Students complete only a select group of general education and core curriculum courses amounting to a minimum of 30 credits hours.
- Credentialing pathways – The BSDI provides an opportunity for students to specialize in one of several specialty imaging modalities. After the completion of specific specialty courses and clinical requirements students in the BSDI are then eligible to apply to the appropriate ARRT and/or ARDMS national registry(s). Available imaging specialties include Computed Tomography (CT), Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), DMS Echocardiography (ECH), Interventional Radiography (IR), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
To be eligible for admission into the BSDI, a candidate must meet the following conditions:
- Complete the Cox College undergraduate application and check “Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging”
- Complete the program-specific BSDI application.
- Students must select an area of specialization – CT, DMS, DMS-Echo, IR, MRI, or Health Care Leadership. BSDI completion students do not choose an area of specialization.
- Application to the BSDI credentialing pathways requires two personal references, all college transcripts, and a current ARRT/ARDMS card (if applicable).
- For students applying to a credentialing pathway (excluding DMS and DMS Echo-extension), download and submit the Clinical Affiliate Request form if requesting a clinical site outside of the CoxHealth system.
- For students applying to a credentialing pathway, applications are due April 1. Courses begin in the fall semester.
- For students applying to the BSDI Completion Track and Health Care Leadership, applications are due April 1 or November 15. Courses begin in the fall or spring.
- Applications received after the deadline are considered on a case by case basis.
- Successful completion of an academic degree and/or be a registered radiologic technologist.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or academic degree.
Apply for this Program
If you have already been accepted to Cox College and would like to apply for this program, you can access the application in the Student Resources section of the Student Portal. If you have not yet applied to Cox College, click the button below.