Learn more about Computed Tomography (CT).
Computed Tomography (CT) is a specialized branch of radiology. A CT technologist works closely with patients and physicians to create cross-sectional images of inside the human body. This modality is a frontrunner in trauma intervention. CT technologists also help to diagnose strokes, heart attacks, cancer, and many other diseases of the human body using advanced imaging equipment.
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! The Cox College Computed Tomography Program is completed online in just 4-6 months and all courses can be transferred to the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program.
Students have the availability of pre-arranged clinical sites in Missouri, or you may contact the program advisor (Paige.Reinstein@coxcollege.edu) with questions regarding alternative clinical sites outside of Missouri. CT students opting to complete clinical rotations in Springfield will benefit from several available clinical sites and a variety of scanners.
Application and Admissions
Admission Deadline: April 1st
Interviews: April 1st - April 15th
Decisions Mailed: April 15th - April 30th
Applicants to the Cox College CT program must:
- Be a registered radiologic technologist or registry-eligible with successful completion of the ARRT radiologic technology registry prior to the program start date or unrestricted license.
- Alternatively, applicants credentialed in Nuclear Medicine Technology (ARRT(N) or NMTCB) or Radiation Therapy (ARRT(T)) may apply as both are supporting disciplines of Computed Tomography
To apply to the CT Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the Cox College application and check “Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging”
- Submit the Specialty Diagnostic Imaging program application
- Submit all official college transcripts
- Submit a personal resume and two letters of recommendation
- Submit a copy of professional imaging credentials (ARRT, NMTCB)
- Submit the Clinical Affiliate Request form if requesting a clinical site outside of the CoxHealth system
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program.