Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant
What is the Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant?
The Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development has created the Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant to help get hard-working people like you into important industries like nursing! This is a financial aid program that can provide significant assistance to adults who are looking to pursue careers that are designated as high need. Cox College is proud to work with the Missouri Department of Higher Education to provide this incredible opportunity for eligible recipients.
Cox College’s Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs have been designated as eligible.
What are the eligibility requirements?
To be eligible for the Fast Track Workforce Grant, you must:
- Be either
- At least 25 years old OR if you are under 25 and have not been enrolled in any school within the last two years.
- A student who has not attended high school or a postsecondary school in the last two years.
- An apprentice who has not been enrolled in a postsecondary program in the last two years, unless the program relates to your current apprenticeship.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be a Missouri resident, an active duty member of the U.S. transferred to Missouri, or the spouse of an activity duty military member. If you are a student who is a Missouri resident, you must have been a Missouri resident for at least two years prior to receiving the grant.
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA), if applicable.
- Have a federal adjusted gross income as documented on your Missouri 1040 tax form (or federal 1040 form if you’re active duty military) of either:
- $80,000 or less if your tax filing status is married filing jointly, or
- $40,000 or less for any other tax filing status.
- For students, enroll in an eligible program at least half-time.
- For apprentices, be formally participating in a U.S. Department of Labor-approved and DHEWD designated apprenticeship and meeting any requirements defined by your apprenticeship provider.
- Have not yet received a bachelor’s degree.
How do I apply for the Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant?
- Complete an application to Cox College
- Complete a FAFSA for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Complete the Fast Track Workforce Grant application electronically through the State Financial Aid Portal for the 2022-2023 academic year. To access the application, you must create an account in MDHEWD’s Student Portal. Information about the Student Portal is available here.
If you have questions about accessing the Student Portal, call MDHEWD at (800) 473-6757, option 4 for assistance.
Who can answer my questions about the Fast Track Workforce Incentive Grant?
If you have questions, more information about the grant can be found on the Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development website.
Also, you can reach our financial aid department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!