Computed Tomography (CT) is a specialized branch of radiology. A CT technologist works closely with patients and physicians to create 3-D images of inside the human body. This modality is a frontrunner in trauma intervention. CT technologists also help to diagnose strokes, heart attacks, cancer, and many other diseases of the human body using advanced imaging equipment.
Enjoy the flexibility of online learning! The Cox College Computed Tomography Program is completed online in just 6 months. Students have availability of pre-arranged clinical sites in Missouri, or you may contact the Program Director with questions regarding alternative clinical sites. Students are prepared for the ARRT registry in CT. All courses in the CT program can be transferred to the Cox College Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging degree program.
CT students opting to complete clinical rotations in Springfield will benefit from several available clinical sites and a variety of scanners. Our current clinical affiliates in Springfield provide training on GE, Toshiba and Siemens systems as well as 8, 16, 32, and 64-slice scanner configurations.
Application and Admissions
Admission Deadline: April 30th
Interviews: May 1st-15th
Decisions Mailed: May 15th-31st
To apply to the Cox College CT Program, the applicant must:
- Complete the general Cox College application and select the Diagnostic Imaging Program application
- Download and submit the Diagnostic Imaging Specialty application
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in an imaging program or related degree.
- Be a registered radiologic technologist or registry-eligible with successful completion of the ARRT radiologic technology registry prior to the program start date or unrestricted license.
The Diagnostic Imaging Program Application should include these documents:
- Personal essay
- Two personal references (one faculty and one clinical)
- Radiologic Technology transcripts and all college transcripts
- Copy of professional credentialing/license card (or scheduled test date)
Send completed application forms and documents to:Cox College 1423 N. Jefferson Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
Tuition and Fees
Beginning Fall 2013 all specialty imaging programs are offered through the Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Imaging (BSDI) degree program. For tuition pricing and scholarship information, please contact the Bursar’s office.