Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits

Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits

Veterans, dependents, and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans who plan to attend and who claim benefits under any of the federal or state educational programs, should apply directly to their nearest Department of Veterans Affairs Office for a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE). In most instances this can be completed online at The CoE, along with the Veterans Certification Request form, found below, should be presented to the Cox College VA School Certifying Official (SCO) each semester benefits are requested. Please note: if these items are not received by the time of registration, there may be extensive additional delays in housing allowance, book stipends, and tuition payments to the student and/or school.

To be eligible for full-time benefits, a student must be enrolled for 12 or more credit hours during the term. (This may be decreased for graduate or post-graduate students.) VA regulations require that a student take courses that are applicable to one’s degree program and that one makes satisfactory progress toward the degree. One cannot receive educational benefits for auditing courses. Veteran’s educational benefits may be terminated for a student who fails to maintain satisfactory progress or receives dismissal for academic or disciplinary reasons. Students are required to notify the VA Regional Office of any enrollment changes or the termination of enrollment. The VA toll-free number is 1-877-823-2378.

VA Educational Benefit Programs

Veterans Certification Request Form

The completion of the following form authorizes the Cox College SCO to provide required information and to certify your enrollment at Cox College for a specified semester to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).